A query.

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by K.Umamaheswara rao.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Subho

Respected astrologers,

Will you please help me know as which is more important when finding a suitable time for an event to occur. Is it vimshottari dasha or transit?

Thankyou.

• #24489 Reply
      TMR

Dasha/Antardasa/….. are calculated based on the time of birth details and this never changes due to transitory influences. Yes you can have the first look at it and you can only look at that when a child is born.

Transitory influences are only useful for strength of houses analysis and not of periods and sub periods. Planets are constantly in movement and thus transitory influences change every second. So they are useful only for comparison of strength of individual houses vis-a-vis the natal strength of houses. There are no dasa or antardasas associated with transitory influences. So in short dasas/antardasas are fixed in nature based on the time of birth and the influence of the strength of the individual planets while transitory influence of houses are useful for a small period of time ahead in an either positive or negative basis.

So while periods and sub periods give you divisions of our times and their respective nature and strength, transitory influence is the immediate evaluation of the potency of the houses. There will be occasions that your Antardasa is bad and you can then definitely check whether a particular house has an increased potency based on transitory influence and if so you could take suitable decisions applicable to a very short time ahead.

As an analogy, you are travelling in train starting from a particular place to a destination far away and you know before hand the arrival time at the destination and you are sure to arrive at the destination. But while travelling, good landscape, the weather inside the train, availability of tasty foods, toilet facilities, good co passengers etc. are not known to you beforehand and these will have to be evaluated as you go along which also adds to the overall performance of the journey if you want to call it as an enjoyable journey. You can treat transits similar to this while dasa antardasa gives the stretches covered during the course of the journey as a physical measure which you are sure of if you look at the time table of the train. You can only take very little bit of useful information from the time table to add to your enjoyment of travel. So to conclude the Dasa/Antardasas are to be studied together with the transitory effect if you want to know the overall status of your time with respect to a particular house or houses.

Read my evaluation of Modi’s horoscope on my blog where transitory influences are well evaluated.

• #24490 Reply
      Subho

Thankyou very much sir, for explaining it into detail. And thankyou for the example too. It helps too much to understand easily.

Sir Narendra Modi’s birthchart evaluation was really interesting. No planets are having good residential strength except venus which is malefic too. How did he get so much popularity? as for his Aaroodha strength only?

• #24491 Reply
      TMR

Yes, that is right. A tea vendor will have quite a lot of popularity. Look at the strength of his houses and try to compare it with his known facts. He is so far the best PM we ever had though his advisors are not very good to implement his visions and decisions.

• #24492 Reply
      K.Umamaheswara rao

Hello,
      In the horoscope given by astrosage.com,Sri Modi’s lagna is vrischika.
      You need not go to Aarudha method of evaluation.
      Moon(Neecha) and Kuja are in lagna.Kuja in own house(lagna) gave him courage and
      dynamism.Seeing residential strength is one method of evaluation.
      It is not all.
      Three planets are in kendras-Guru in fourth house and Sukra(plus Sani) in 10th house.There is good Gajakesari yoga.Further Sukra and Guru aspecting each other
      (being both placed in kendras) is a special yoga.
      Sani in 10th house is also good,except some disurbances in his popularity and
      fame.
      Parasari principles will stand by your side in dealing with a horoscope.
      You are confusing that residential strength is only the criterion in
      judging a horoscope.Parasara gives utmost importance to kendras,for a person
      becoming popular .
      Sukra ,though a malefic by ownership,plays a critical role in lifting a person
      politically.In his horoscope ,Guru is seeing tenth house.Guru plays divine role
      in saving him from crisis situations.
      Bad points-Moon in lagna made him to take birth in poor conditions.
      Kuja and Sani are seeing seventh house.Those two planets compelled him to
      leave his wife,immediately after marriage.
      When Guru sees Sukra or seventh house or seventh house owner,the
      native will use his physical energies for the upliftment of soul through
      yoga and fasting methods.
      [email protected]

• #24496 Reply
      Subho

Sorry umarao sir.

I did not know that much about astrology. I am just reading the basics. Interpreting a chart is very much difficult (for me). I just saw an open evaluation by that way and result was also matching. It was quite easy to understand. And I’ve heard, to interpret a chart through Parasara one have to be a brilliant I mean a lot.

• #24500 Reply
      TMR

Do not worry. My knowledge about astrology is purely on the basis of the mathematics of astrology and I always evaluate a horoscope by the actual positions of planets placed in the zodiac at the time of birth using Vedic Astrology mathematics and produce a mark sheet of life which I have found to be quite correct in my last 50 years of research and I do not have any direct information from Sage Parasara himself. I have learned it out of passion and it is my own way of evaluating where not only the Shadbalas, I do take into consideration the Residential strength and Bhava balas are moderated rather than following some general axioms in astrology which are being used by many astrologers and they each have different way of interpretation. I do not claim that my method is the best or anything like that which you will know yourself since I have already given my method of evaluation to you earlier.

• #24502 Reply
      Subho

Yes Tmr sir,

I really like your method of evaluating a birth chart.

I am no one to decide which is the best or good way of evaluating a horoscope and I hope I will never be in that position to decide that. But I think astrology is something which we have to prove logically behind any statement given, if it does match with our real life then it works. (whether it is parashara, kp, jaimini or bhrigu nadi)

Researching, proving and relating theories to real life is astrology (according to me)

And really hats off to you sir for continuing that research and bring it to us a new method of evaluation.

• #24503 Reply
      K.Umamaheswara rao

Hello TMR sir,
      Yes sir,you are correct.A horoscope is most complex chart.It cant be approached
      in different ways.Varahamihira method is completely different,where no ownership
      is taken into account.
      But Parasara principles are unique.How a natural benefic becomes a malefic when
      he owns a kendra,is beyond the grasp of expert astrologers.Those principles are
      evolved after great penance for 20 or 30 years.No subsequent saint could give
      any such revolutionary principles for the guidance of astrologers or for general
      public.There is no such easy approach in western astrology.
      In western astrology,the astrologer has to put effort for making calculations.
      The principle that combination of kona lord and kendra lord gives raja yoga,
      is of great help for Indian astrologers.
      [email protected]

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: A query.
Your information: