Fasting Procedure

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tk

Dear sir,

What is the correct way of fasting? I am a working woman and I started to fast on mondays and saturdays for my remarriage as per your advice. But I am confused about the way of fasting.Fasting as per Hindu Religion is What? Eating nothing including water or fruits,milk can be taken during fasting. Pls.clarrify.

• #1161 Reply
      Navneet Khanna
      Keymaster

You should do fast for atleast 16 Mondays, Eat one time food without Onion and Garlic , but can take fruits and Milk, Sabudana salt or sweet. Dal , Roti , Rice Only once. During Udyapan give food, fruits, cloth and white sweet like kheer and some dakshana to the local Pandit.

Blessings,

Navneet Khanna
      Astrologer

• #1169 Reply
      tk

Thank u very much sir. I will do the fast as per your advice.

I could not understand the meaning of the word “Udyapan”. Can u tell the meaning of the word in English and explain.

thank u.

• #1172 Reply
      Navneet Khanna
      Keymaster

Udyapan is the time when you end your fast. After keeping a fast say for 16 Weeks then on the 17th week you do the Udyapan, in which you make the things appropriate for the fast and give to a pandit and seek his blessings for early fulfillment of desires. So if you do 16 Mondays fast then on 17th Monday you do the Udyapan to complete the fast. You may speak with a local pandit in a closeby temple who will tell you exactly the procedure that you are supposed to follow. Visit temple every Mondays it will bring you enternal happiness and keep you relaxed. You should go and thank God for all His Kindness and seek His Blessings.

God Bless,

Navneet Khanna
      Astrologer

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #1172 in Fasting Procedure
Your information:

Cancel