general question – divisional charts and d60

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sgl

Hello, I have a general question about divisional charts. Should they be read the same as the main birth chart when looking at transits and dashas?

Also, I have read on other sources on the internet that the D60 shashtiamsha chart is of high importance, but I am not sure show how it is used. Is the D60 more important than the main birth chart? And does the D60 chart represent past life karma or present life results? How should the D60 chart be read in relation to the main birth chart?

Thanks

• #31439 Reply
      AkashAstro

Sgl,

Shashtiamsha is seen for all aspects of life like birth chart. It should be used as an independent chart and same technique for analysis should be used as for lagna chart. Parashara has given shashtiamsha chart more importance than the birth and navamsa chart. To treat Shashtiamsha as an independent chart, you should have correct birth time. Shashtiamsha lagna changes in every 2 minutes therefore birth time should be accurate.

There is a misconception that D60 chart is used see past life this is not so true. It is actually used to see the PAST LIFE KARMA and how that KARMA will manifest in this life whether is a good way or a bad way.

God Bless,
      Astrologer Akash

• #31442 Reply
      sgl

Thanks

• #31448 Reply
      TMR

If you follow the scientific method of evaluation of a horoscope, there is no need to refer to the divisional charts at all since the results of the evaluation of the horoscope will be different even for a second change in the birth time. In the olden days, when we did not have computers, we had to refer to divisional charts for evaluating the different potency of the houses that too only in an approximate way using intuition. Today we can do the exact evaluation of a horoscope using software written for such purposes in a very short time (5 seconds) as against 80 man hours I used to take to evaluate a horoscope manually as per the Graha and bhava balas axioms ( A book is written by Dr.B.V.Raman, though not comprehensive)

• #31462 Reply
        sgl

thank you for your comments

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #31442 in general question – divisional charts and d60
Your information:

Cancel