understanding transits in astrology

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      lsg

Hello, should a transit of a planet be read from the moons position or from the ascendant? If both moon and ascendant can be used then what is the difference in the transit reading?

• #31867 Reply
      TMR

Transits should only be read from the Ascendant longitude and not the sign in which the Ascendant is placed. All other methods are meaningless which are the most common misuse of astrology. Read my blog for more information.

• #31871 Reply
      K.Umamaheswaara rao

Hello,
      Some people do it from moon.
      There are various opinions.
      After long study for 4 or 5 years,you will know
      how to read the horoscope and transits.You cant understand,
      if I write a few lines here.
      [email protected]

• #31875 Reply
      JVS Rao

In astrology every event is counted from lagna. For ex. education is from the 4th house counted from lagna. Marriage – 7th house counted from lagna.
      The event givers are the planets called significators. The planets give the events in their ruling periods only.
      The period is counted from the longitude of Moon in the natal chart as Dasa, Bhukti and Antara. The rulers in their period only give the results.
      Meanwhile they will be transiting in the constellations and sometimes accidentally they act as reflectors of energies between two or more planets.
      To study transits, the general rule is : Transiting planet is the source. Suppose 7th house significator is transiting in 2nd house, it means one can get the results of 2nd house i.e money through the 7th house i.e partner in the dasa of 7th significator and bhukti of 2nd significator or vice versa.
      3rd house significator in 2nd house : money through younger brother.

If you take gochara phala, it is counted from Moon rasi. But the strength of planets giving the results is calculated like 1.Suvarna murthy 2. Rajatha Murthy 3. Tamra murthy and 4. Loha Murthy. It will not be applicable in all cases.

JVS Rao

• #31876 Reply
        lsg

Thank you.
        In the case of rahu and ketu, which sign are they the significator of? is the source house taken as the original location of rahu and ketu in the natal chart? Does rahu rule the house with aquarius?
        By the term significator, do you mean the ruler of the house?

• #31886 Reply
      TMR

In fact all the planets act in tandem as Mahadasa/Antardasa/Pratyanthardasa/Sookshmadasa/Dehadasa and Pranadasa thus having a combined influence on every living being which goes on changing for each breath and that is why we are always in different moods throughout the day. That is why the net resultant strength of all planets is what counts in one’s life. Read my article “Day to day predictions in astrology” on my blog and you will get more details. Transitory influences of planets is another totally different exercise of evaluating the horoscope at the current positions of planets with respect to the natal Lagna longitude. There is also Narayanadasa or RasiDasa which is evaluated by the strength of each houses in a hierarchical order similar to Nakshatradasa.

• #31898 Reply
      Deepak

On top of what is said above, it’s critical to understand if transit planet being analyzed is benefic/malefic in natal chart. For example a planet may be functional benefic or yogakaraka for an ascendant but if its placed in nakshatra of a planet signifying trik houses in chalit (via placement or lordship) and sublord is also a planet that signifies trik houses, functional benefic will be unable to give good results in dasha/bhukti/transit.

As transit planet moves through the 30 degrees in a sign, its nakshatra and sublord change + it gets conjunct with/aspected by other planets and given all planets are moving real time, the houses/combinations signified by transit planet in scope will change thereby modifying its results. So no planet will give consistently same results throughout its movement of 30 degrees in a sign.

All generalized predictions/videos about transits found on the internet are over-simplification of this science.

God Bless,
      Astrologer Deepak

• #31907 Reply
      JVS Rao

Significator is event giver. Suppose for a Simha lagna native, Jupiter is in Revathy star in Meena. Mercury is in 9th bhava.
      Jupiter is the lord of 5th and 8th bhavas. Jupiter is in the 8th bhava in the star of Mercury. Mercury is lord of 2nd and 11th.
      In Jupiter period the native enjoys 9th bhava resuls as well as 2nd and 11th bhavas results. He gains through long distance travels, communications, father etc through his ownership houses 5th and 8th houses (as Jupiter is transiting in Mercury star) but not losses.
      Here Jupiter gives 9th, 2nd, 11th, 5th and 8th (if no other planet is in the sign or star of Jupiter). Jupiter is said the significator of 9,2,11,5 and 8.
      Rahu and Ketu are nodes they have special features. They will give the results of the planets conjoined with them, aspects of the planets etc.
      These are some fundamentals to be taken care of. There are so many factors to take into consideration in offering predictions.
      If you are interested please purchase the standard texts and read. Think and apply logically.
      Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share with you my views.
      Good Luck
      JVS Rao

• #31908 Reply
      TMR
Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #31908 in understanding transits in astrology
Your information:

Cancel