Lagna sandhi and mangal dosha

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sastry

Hello sir, A friend of mine born in Darbhanga, Bihar on 23/01/1993 at 6:05 AM.
      The time of birth stated as per her family makes her Makar lagna and Mangal in 6th house Mithuna rasi so no Mangal dosha, But if you take 3 mins before the time of birth, the Lagna is Dhanur and the Mangal is placed in 7th house Mithuna. My question is whether the girl is to be married to a manglik ? or non manglik?
      Keeping in mind the human errors while calculating time, what is the solution?

• #68756 Reply
      TMR

In both cases, Mangal is in the 7th house and your assumption is wrong. Mangal dosha should be evaluated using the Bhava chart and not the Rasi chart.

Read my article “Myths and misconceptions in Astology” on my blog navagrahastro.blogspot.in

• #68803 Reply
      Sastry

Thank you for your analysis, another question out of academic interest, in the above kundali, Mars is retrograde, does the dosha still hold in such case? I know that combust or debilitated Mars doesn’t cause dosha but have doubts regarding retrograde.

• #68815 Reply
      TMR

Planets do not travel backwards in retrograde. It only appears to travel back. That does not have any ill effects. It may only affect the strength of the planets slightly.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Lagna sandhi and mangal dosha
Your information: