Rahu is one of the nine planets that are taken into consideration while drawing up the birth horoscope. Although Rahu & Ketu is not physical planet, they are purely shadowy planet and also known as Dragon head & Dragon tail as per Western Astrology. Astronomically they represent the point at which the Moon orbit crosses the ecliptic, the celestial equator. Rahu behaves like somewhat like Saturn and is the planet for obstruction and hindrances. However as Saturn is known to delay but never deny. Rahu on the other hand can create permanent obstacles and problems. The effect of Rahu is generally ascending and expanding and is largely negative.
The Rahu Mahadasha lasts for 18 years. The influence of this phase can be positive or negative depending upon its placement and the sign in which it is posited. As Rahu is the planet of unexpected results, it can bring about unexpected gains or losses. Rahu dasha can be a period of good fortune or the one marred by immense hardships, depending on the house it is placed in, in the natal chart. The difficulties caused by this phase are most acute during the 6th and 8th year of the dasha. During this phase, a state of confusion and indecision prevails, misunderstandings and disputes develop, ill health, bad luck and hardships start at the beginning of the dasha and stay for the duration of this period.
Traditional remedies pacify the planets and reduce their malefic influence. Even when Rahu is in an inauspicious position in the horoscope, its negative influence can be diminished by traditional remedies and wearing Rahus Gemstone. Listed below are a few powerful remedies for the Rahu Mahadasha.
- Gomedh is the stone that can reduce the negative impact of Rahu. Consult an astrologer then wear a natural Gomedh. Ensure that the stone you choose is of more than 6 carats in weight, unblemished, lustrous and transparent. The stone is set in Silver. The ring is worn on the middle finger of the right hand. Before wearing the stone, it is purified by chanting the mantra for Rahu 108 times. The Rahu mantra you can recite is “Om Ram Rahuve Namah Om”. Gomedh attracts luck and wealth, it improves health, pending legal cases are resolved favorably and enemies are vanquished.
- Lord Ganesha is evoked to remove obstacles and worship of Goddess Durga helps conquer hardships and enemies. Worship Lord Ganesha and Goddess Durga regularly, to pacify and control the negative influence of Rahu. Chant the powerful Ganpati mantra “Om Gan Ganpataye Namah” 108 times daily to remove hardships and obstacles.
- At the start of the Rahu Mahadasha, take wood coal that equals your body weight and put it in flowing water on a Saturday or on a Wednesday.
- Take a small piece of dry ginger. Tie it in black thread and wear it around your neck for protection from Rahu.
- Feed dogs every day.
6. Chant the Rahu beej mantra for a minimum of 108 times every day. The mantra is: Om Bhram Bhreem Bhroum Sah Rahave Namah. The Rahu stotra is another powerful remedy for the Rahu Mahadasha. Start chanting the Rahu mantra and the stotra on a Saturday of your choice, after dusk.
Astrologer Navneet Khanna, is a former World Bank & SIDA consultant, he has held many prestigious projects in India and Africa before settling down in his native place, near Chandigarh and following his passion in Vedic Astrology. Navneet is very scientific and logical in his Predictions. He reasons his predictions because of which he has a worldwide following and people from many countries solve their problems with his help.
He is an expert in Marriage and Love Relationship. In Marriage Matching he does analysis of Guna Milan and also Grah Milan (Matching of the Planets) and will tell you effects and remedies of Nadi Dosha, Bhakoot Dosha & Gana Dosha if present.
He is an Expert Astrologer on Many Indian & Foreign Websites like myastrologysigns.com and a frequent writer for many national and international websites and magazines.
Navneet believes that Vedic Astrology is a vast subject, it is an ocean of knowledge and wisdom. It is simply up to the individual to jump into the ocean and extract the pearls. With his vast experience on occult subjects he has been associated with leading astrologers in India to promote astrology.
Navneet Khanna believes that the energy and inspiration behind him is the Blessings of the Almighty.
You may call / whatsapp him on his number +91-9417884861 .