There are innumerable references in astrological literature & Mythological literature Brahma Puran, Matsya Puran , Garun Puran about pitra -dosha. Presence of pitra -dosha in horoscope can trouble the native with various problems related to emotional, physical, social professional level in his life. According to references — this dosha being KARMIC DEBT or RINANUBANDHA generated by bad deeds ( mansa vacha karmana) by ancestors or by native himself in his previous births as –Law of karmas or deeds in moral sphere teaches that similar action will leads to similar results . Do we not see that bad deeds done by grand – father or father or by native himself or family members knowingly or unknowingly willingly or unwillingly give a negative impacts on present & future life of entire family in form of various sufferings ? In other words wrong actions done in past & wrong actions of present time affect the future of a man. Thus Karma is basic concepts of pitra- dosha so some main reasons are
1 ) Bad deeds or Karmas of the native in previous births knowingly or unknowingly .
2 ) Departed souls or forefathers do not get peace ( shanty) or salvation ( mukti ) due to their bad deeds ( knowingly or unknowingly or willingly or unwillingly )
3) Bad deeds of children knowingly or unknowingly which are embarrassing the soul of our ancestors.
4) Existence of incomplete worldly desires ( vasana or kamna ) & dissatisfaction ( asantosh), attachment ( moha ) Durvasana ( Revange or curse) at the time of last breath of a person
5) Accidental or unnatural or sudden & early death of ancestors causes Pitra- Dosha .
Lagna or 1st , 5th & 9th house are known as triangles represents life cycle or Janmas . 1st , 4th , 7th 10th houses are known as Kendra & 2nd house has an important significant role for a native in form of family , self acquired money . So if 1 5 9 & 2 4 7 10 houses or their lords get afflicted by malefic planets like mangal , shani rahu or ketu by placement in 8th or 12th house or aspected ( drishti ) or conjunction to the lords of houses create Pitra – Dosha .
Lord of any above mentioned house placed in 8th or 12th causes Pitra- dosha .
In general House significance ( 8th 12th ) & Planetary significance ( based on Benefic or malefic & natural enmity & friendship) & their interrelationship , yuti or aspect is responsible for formation of any yoga good or bad in Vedic Astrology.
Sun is chief planet among nine planets represents self, soul & ancestors etc so affliction of sun by placement in malefic house or in debilitated sign, aspect or yuti with malefic planets – causes pitra -dosha .
Chandra is karaka of mind if afflicted -pitra –dosha .
Budha is a planet of nervous system, reasoning , conscious mind , efforts if afflicted causes pitra -dosha .
Guru a benevolent planet if afflicted causes pitra- dosha.
Lagna or Lagnesh or Chandra if placed in debilitated sign, or placed in 8th or 12th house with rahu or ketu denotes pitra – dosha .
5th house lord if debilitated or afflicted causes pitra –dosha
9th house or if debilitated or its lord is afflicted by malefic planets by yuti or drishti causes pitra – dosha .
When lord of 10th house is placed in 6th or 8th or 12th house denotes Pitra- dosha .
Apart from this planetary yuti or combination also denotes pitra -dosha such as —
1) Pitra tulya dosha -Sun with budh this dosha generated from a person regarded as equal to father .
2) Matree tulya dosha – Chandra with budha – this dosha generated from mother or a woman regarded as equal to mother . if Chandra aspects rahu or ketu or budha or shani or in yuti with any one planet .
3) Bhatree dosha – Mangal with budha Dosha from younger co-born brother or sister .
4) Guru dosha – Guru with budha Doasha from elder brother .or Guru or from Guru brother .
5) Stree dosha -Guru with Shukra – dosha from wife or from wife of Guru from wife of a friend etc .
6) Pitamaha dosha -Guru with Rahu – dosha from grandfather , elder brother of father younger brother of father etc
7) Guru is with Ketu – dosha from Nation , village , city , neighbor , jeeva –jantu etc .
8) If Rahu or Ketu is placed in 5th , 6th , 8th or 12th house with any planet
9) If Saturn is with Sun in any house or Sun is aspected by Saturn
Pitra dosha denotes as a DEBT accumulated due to bad deeds done by the native or by his ancestors in previous births this debt has to be paid by the native in present life in the form of sufferings as per quality of dosha or by doing some remedies) inform of good deeds, or prayers , jap, charity etc that may help in reducing this doshas .