What is Lunar Eclipse: Lunar eclipse is formed when earth comes in between sun and moon and the shadow of the earth falls on the moon. Important thing to note is that a Lunar eclipse will occur only on a full moon night, which is referred as “Poornima” in Hindi. Unlike Solar eclipse which can be viewed from small location of the world, a Lunar eclipse can be viewed from anywhere on the night side of earth. A lunar eclipse last much longer then a Solar eclipse. Unlike Solar eclipse, a Lunar eclipse is much safer to view with a naked eye.
Below Given are Dates for Lunar and Solar Eclipse in the Year 2020 – 2021 – 2022 – 2023
THE LUNAR ECLIPSE IN 2020
10 Jan 2020 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
5 Jun 2020 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
5 Jul 2020 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
30 Nov 2020 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
THE LUNAR ECLIPSE IN 2021
26 May 2021 Total Lunar Eclipse
19 Nov 2021 Partial Lunar Eclipse
THE LUNAR ECLIPSE IN 2022
16 May 2022 Total Lunar Eclipse
8 Nov 2022 Total Lunar Eclipse
THE LUNAR ECLIPSE IN 2023
5 May 2023 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
28 Oct 2023 Partial Lunar Eclipse
What is Solar eclipse: A solar eclipse takes place on a new moon day when Moon comes in between earth and Sun. The Moon covers Sun partially or fully. A solar eclipse takes place only when Sun and Moon are conjunct and are within close proximity of one of the nodes.
THE SOLAR ECLIPSE IN 2020
21 Jun 2020 Annular Solar Eclipse
14 Dec 2020 Total Solar Eclipse
THE SOLAR ECLIPSE IN 2021
10 Jun 2021 Annular Solar Eclipse
4 Dec 2021 Total Solar Eclipse
THE SOLAR ECLIPSE IN 2022
30 Apr 2022 Partial Solar Eclipse
25 Oct 2022 Partial Solar Eclipse
THE SOLAR ECLIPSE IN 2023
20 Apr 2023 Total Solar Eclipse
14 Oct 2023 Annular Solar Eclipse
changing and susceptible part of human psychology. The nodes also represent past karmas letting us know where we have been focusing in our life and where we need to focus for future. The nodes are very powerful, as they have the supremacy to caste shadow over the luminaries that is Sun and Moon, bringing darkness and negativity in our thoughts, intelligence, and emotions. The eclipses effect everyone nature, behavior besides casting shadow on Sun and Moon.
Some do’s and don’ts during Solar and Lunar eclipse
Given below are certain things that you should do on the Day of Eclipse
- The eclipses are great period for Mantra Siddhi – What that means is that if you desire something and you want to do mantra remedy for achieving your goals. The eclipse period is very good period for mastering the mantra. Below are some of the mantra for your reference
Mantra for Financial Gains – Om Namo Dev Bhagwate Trilochanam Tripuram
Anjali Me Kalyanam Kuru Kuru Swaha
Mantra for improving education – Om Aim Hrim Kleem Maha Saraswati Devaya Namaha
Mantra for conceiving – Om Namo Bhagavate Jagatprasutaye Namah ?
- Facing Health issues – if you are facing health issues then you should donate mixed items which can include weight, rice, sugar, oil, Jaggery, (Basically items of all planets) equal to your weight and donate to a organization which is doing social work. Can be an orphanage etc.
Given below are certain things that you should Not do on the Day of Eclipse
- Special care is needed for pregnant ladies. So you should take sufficient rest during the period of eclipse.
- Do not do out and see the eclipse, especially the Solar eclipse as it can severely damage the eyesight.
- Avoid sexual Intercourse / Sex during the period of eclipse. As it is not good for the lady to conceive during this period.
- Some people also believe that you should avoid eating during this period. However if you are one of those who needs to take medicine after eating then you should not be avoiding your medicine at any cost.
If you like this articles on Do’s and Don’t during the period of eclipse, please share and provide your feedback below.